Damon, a lifetime resident of Canal Winchester, began the business first as a watch repair center after he completed Watchmaker's School. The first location for the business was in a building that stood at 11 North High St.
As the store grew into a full-service jewelry store, the Shaw's moved the business to 9 South High in 1956. The 9 S. High building, still standing today, was Smith's Barbershop in the early 1900's and later became a part of the Holley Variety Store.
The Shaw's son, Jim and his wife Vicki, purchased the business in 1976. By 1985 the jewelry store had outgrown the 9 S. High building, so Jim and Vicki built a new building which was made to look old to fit in with the rest of the downtown.
The new store, at 15 S. High St., was built on a parking lot that was part of the Shaw's property. As has always been the case since 1947, Shaw and Son Family Jewelers offer a wide range of products from inexpensive costume jewelry and gifts to 14K fine jewelry and diamonds.
The current Victorian style green building sits on a site that was once part of the tow-path for the old canal. The Shaw's have kept their old building at 9 S. High St. and the "cottage" building in between the two stores as rental properties.
The small building at 11 S. High has been completely restored inside to reflect it's original era. This building was originally a law office for Attorney Lane and was moved to 11 S. High in the early 1900's. The building has had many uses being Dr. Jepsen's first office, Kenny's Hamburger Shop, Bickel's Appliance Repair, and Victorias Attic Tea Shoppe.
Serving Canal Winchester, Columbus and Central Ohio, Shaw & Son Family Jewelers is still family owned and operated and is located in Historic downtown Canal Winchester. We create original jewelry pieces to cherish for a life time.